Representatives of MCI occupy many prominent positions within event industry associations, enabling us to share our sustainability vision and beliefs with a wide audience and effectively contribute to education and furthering best practices across the industry and globe.
Developing Our Industry
Being at the forefront of the latest industry developments and sustainability trends, MCI is able to play an active role in encouraging our clients, partners, suppliers, competitors and governments to commit to adopting a higher standard of sustainable business practice within our industry.
- Since 2008, MCI leaders have delivered over 200 keynote sessions and workshops on sustainability, inspiring change and better business practices to over 22,000 people in the meetings industry.
- MCI is an organisational stakeholder of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
- Roger Simons, our Asia-Pacific Sustainability Manager is on the board of the Green Meeting Industry Council (GMIC), and our Group Sustainability Director, Guy Bigwood, was the Past-President of the GMIC.
- Our business leaders have co-created and engaged with some of the most important sustainability initiatives in the events industry. They were involved in the development and launch of industry frameworks and standards including ISO20121, the GRI Event Organisers Sector Supplement and the APEX/ASTM Environmentally Sustainability Standards.
- MCI experts assisted in the development of various learning resources and guides; including for the GMIC, United Nations Sustainable Events Guide, TED and The Natural Step.
- Our opinions and experiences implementing sustainability are published on our ‘Less Conversation, More Action’ sustainability blog, which attracted 13,815 visits in 2013.
- MCI is a core partner of the IMEX-MPI-MCI Future Leaders Forum, a programme developed to encourage the best and brightest students to develop successful careers in the events industry.